Document Scanning Services
Paper documents are inclined to being mistakenly destroyed, misfiled and lost. The sooner those files are scanned, the sooner they are preserved, backed up and safe. Cities Digital offers a secured, full scale document scanning center. Have the professionals at Cities Digital examine your back‐file of records and design a transformation plan. If your office utilizes a document management system, importing archived records offers the users an immediate value from the document management investment.
Cities Digital is also a Laserfiche® reseller and may accommodate the scanning needs to import documents directly into Laserfiche with advanced indexing, folder structures and workflow. Clients utilizing a different document management system or no document management system at all will receive all metadata in an importable or attached method.
In 2015 Cities Digital and the processes it uses were audited and received an SSAE16 certification. Clients can rest assured that even their most sensitive documents are maintained in a secure facility, with a 24-hour surveillance system, key card accessibility, and the process is never complete until it has been thoroughly inspected by our quality control professionals.
Document Scanning Services include:
- All sizes and types of paper, aperture cards, microfilm, microfiche, negatives/slides, and photographs
- Bound books and difficult-to-scan documents
- Export to PDF, TIF or JPG
- Document preparation of documents including staple removal and sorting before scanning
- Indexing of records including individual field data, folders and naming conventions
Scanning Service Process:
- Cities Digital offers a free inventory of records for scanning along with a detailed quote
- Documents are delivered to Cities Digital by local pickup or via a secured delivery shipment
- Clients may receive a test batch for quality assurance prior to the project process
- Document scanning with weekly updates are delivered to the client
- Post processing is executed to apply external indexing that may be contained within a database
- Documents are delivered to the client on an encrypted, portable hard drive, DVD or secure FPT download
Although there are some clients who wish to handle their own scanning, most people find that utilizing the services provided by Cities Digital is the most cost efficient and reliable option.